Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New Chicken Recipe

I experimented with a new chicken dish tonight and it was a huge hit!  So I thought I would share and hopefully your family will enjoy it as much as mine did. 

Chicken breast butterflied and pounded flat



First,  preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  I started with a package of chicken breast, though you could use thighs too.  With a sharp knife I butterflied each breast and wrapped it in plastic wrap.   Then, I pounded them flat with a mallet, my favorite part!






Seasoned and covered!



  Once flattened, I seasoned with garlic, spicy cajun seasoning, and pepper.   Then, using  our favorite spaghetti sauce,  I spooned 3 tablespoons over each piece and broke up some Swiss cheese to scatter over the top.






Begin tightly rolling




Starting from smallest side, I tightly rolled it towards the bigger side.  The plastic wrap really helps keep it from coming apart. 








All rolled up and only one place to go!


Keep rolling until you get to the end.  If it tries to unroll on you, secure the ends with a couple of toothpicks.  You will take them out in a few minutes , but it's a great trick to use if you need to.





Just quickly browning, not cooking,



 In a hot pan, brown the sides.  This happens pretty quick, so be prepared to roll it  to keep the browning even.  If you used the toothpicks, they will help hold it together during this step.






Nice and browned, waiting for some sauce!



Once the breast are browned, place them in a casserole dish and  remove the toothpicks.  Then spoon some of your favorite spaghetti sauce over the top of each and place uncovered into a 350 degree  oven for an hour.




So Good, your tongue will slap you in the face trying to get to it!




Once I pulled the chicken out of the oven, I let it sit and rest while boiling my noodles and warming up the rest of the jar of spaghetti sauce. 

I hope you get a chance to try it, and if you do, drop me a line and let me know how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment